You saw my list of Snacks for Christmas Family Fun Time last week. I must confess. I made a little substitution to the list.
Rather than the Holiday Peppermint Pretzels, I made this white trash.
I’ve found that you can melt a package of white almond bark and stir most anything into it for your own special brand of snack.
For a variation I hadn’t tried before, I used butter pretzels. They’re not hugely different from regular pretzels, but they have a distinct buttery flavor that I wasn’t sure would taste good with the sweetness of almond bark.
You may wonder why I’d take such a chance.
“Why waste all those ingredients if it’s a big fail?” You ask.
Because that’s the way I roll. Also, ask anyone that’s been to our house for dinner. I’m shameless about making guests guinea pigs, not relying on only the tried-and-true, but forcing them to try something new. Untested. Untried.
Pass or fail, hold your breath, will they like it?
I’m an adventurer of sorts. At least in the kitchen anyway. So, today you see the results of adventures into butter pretzels. Stir everything into the melted almond bark – except the M-n-M’s™.
Keep stirring to coat everything well. Pour it out onto two sheets of wax paper placed side-by-side with two inches overlapped along the edge.
Spread it out with a spatula. Let it cool for one minute, then sprinkle it with M-n-M’s™.
Stir gently so the coated candies stick to the bark mixture. Perfect. Now, let it cool completely to set.
Break apart and load your wax-paper-lined tin.
Ready for serving!
Family survey? Thumbs up! Yes, the buttery flavor in each pretzel is actually w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l with almond bark. Now we know. Tested and true.
- 1 pkg. white almond bark
- 12-ounce bag of Snyder's Butter Snaps Pretzels (or something similar)
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 2 cups roasted and salted almonds
- 1 cup M-n-M candies (+ more to your liking)
- Melt almond bark according to package directions. Stir to melt any remaining clumps.
- Add all other ingredients except M-n-M's and stir until well coated.
- Pour mixture onto two sheets of wax paper lined side-by-side and overlapped by about two inches. Spread evenly spaced onto surface. Allow to cool one minute.
- Sprinkle with M-n-M candies and "stir" to blend with mixture.
- Space everything out again and allow to cool completely to set.
- When cooled, break apart into bite-sized clumps.
Enjoy your new tried-and-true holiday snack. Or, make guinea pigs out of your family and friends, and add your own ingredients. 😉
Do you do that, too?