Painter Artist Mom (PAM) made strawberry pie often during my years as a teen. It was very good! After I married HH, I decided to make the pie like PAM made, only with a tweak or two.
It’s nothing drastically different – just that I like small chunks of strawberries rather than whole.
Over the years, Fun Son (FS) grew to love this pie. One weekend this summer, FS notified me he wanted my strawberry pie when he came home the following day. Of course, I was happy to oblige…anything to draw him towards home. 😉
It’s very easy to make. Soften a block of cream cheese, add sugar, and whip with a mixer.
Fold 8 ounces of Cool Whip into the cream cheese and sugar. Spread 3/4 of mixture into a baked pastry crust. Chop strawberries into 1/2″-1″ chunks, and press them into cream cheese filling.
Spread remaining filling over strawberries.
Cover completely to all edges.
Cover pie with 4 ounces Cool Whip. Top with large strawberry in center.
Refrigerate until ready to cut for serving.
Enjoy! Here’s the recipe for you to print.
- 1 - 9" pastry crust, baked
- 2 pints of strawberries, cleaned and chopped into ½"-1" pieces, reserving one whole berry
- 8-oz. block cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 12 oz. whipped topping, divided
- In medium mixing bowl, whip cream cheese and sugar until sugar dissolves. Fold 8 oz. whipped topping into cream cheese mixture.
- Spread about ¾ of the cream cheese mixture into bottom of baked pie crust. Mash strawberry pieces into cream cheese filling as closely as possible. Cover berries with remaining filling.
- Top pie with remaining 4 ounces of whipped topping. Garnish pie with reserved strawberry. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
When you click the Pinit button at the beginning of this post, you’ll see several images to choose from. Here’s the picture for Pinning. 🙂
Don’t you love quick summer pies? What is your favorite pie to make (and/or eat) during summer?
Sharing with Metamorphosis Monday.
Thank you for visiting! ~ Just a note to remind you to follow me through RSS feed, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, or Hometalk. Also, I’d love it if you shared Curtain Queen Creates with all your sweet friends. Thanks, y’all.
You may also like: