I’ve never had success with making mac and cheese. What is wrong with me? Can it really be so hard?
It always was hard…until I made mac and cheese with a slow cooker.
This mac and cheese is very easy. All you do is cook the noodles first.
While the macaroni cooks, mix the other ingredients in a greased slow cooker.
Strain the macaroni and mix it well with the other ingredients. Set the slow cooker on low.
Three hours later, it’s ready to add to your meal.
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 3 cups regular milk
- 3 eggs
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon (heaping) of dry mustard
- 3 cups fine shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 12 oz. elbow macaroni
- Boil macaroni until al dente.
- While macaroni is cooking, combine all other ingredients in a greased slow cooker.
- Strain water from macaroni. Mix macaroni with the other ingredients in the slow cooker. Stir well.
- Set slow cooker on low and cook for three hours.
You cannot get any easier than that! And, it’s delicious every time. 🙂
What’s on your menu this weekend? Anything in a slow cooker?