After setting our dining room table with my friend’s luscious pink and gold fabric (Magnolias on Pink and Gold) for the table-cloth, my brain was in a complete think pink mode. I had a pink velvet cake mix in my pantry that I bought to use at Easter but never got to it.
So…these equally-luscious pink velvet pies were on my mind. What’s a girl to do? Get ‘er done!
A batch of these cake mix cookies takes only a couple of minutes to mix together.
They are quick to make – and bake.
While the cookies bake, mix together the filling ingredients. When the cookies are cooled, spread on the frosting and give it a top!
These need to be refrigerated if not eaten right away.
I made only a few and put the filling in the refrigerator to make more pies later when they’d be eaten soon.
The “make and eat on demand” method helps you not to eat an entire plate filled with pies at one sitting. 😉
Here’s the recipe for printing and sharing.
- 1 box of Pink Velvet Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- Cream Cheese Filling:
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 4 cups confectioner's sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Mix cookie ingredients and place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart.. Mash dough to ¼-inch thickness. (Using a small pastry scoop makes the job easy - then smash each cookie into a nice, little round.)
- Bake in 350-degree oven for 7-9 minutes. Remove from oven to a cooling rack.
- For filling, whip the first three ingredients until smooth. Add extract at the end and see the creamy-ness come together.
- Place a dob of filling on a cookie, top with another cookie, and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftover pies and/or filling.
If these pies look complete dreamy to you, that’s because they ARE! 🙂
Do you like red velvet cake? Don’t you think you’ll love these pink velvet pies with the icing neatly tucked inside?