Peach home-made ice cream was always my family’s favorite.
I’ll admit after making my mint chocolate-chip ice cream the first time, peach suddenly had some stiff competition.
My kids still ask for peach every summer. So, what’s wrong with making both peach and mint chocolate chip? Ha!
I make our traditional vanilla home-made ice cream recipe (minus the vanilla flavoring but with extra sugar for the fruit). I puree very ripe peeled, seeded, and halved peaches in a blender.
Mix the peach puree into the chilled ice cream concoction.
And let the churn begin!
A refreshing summer treat. Cool and sweet.
Dig in! 🙂
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 2-2/3 cups sugar
- dash salt
- 1 quart milk plus extra to fill freezer
- 1 can sweetened-condensed milk
- A blender full of peeled, seeded, and halved fresh peaches
- Combine eggs, sugar, salt, and milk in heavy 4-quart pot or double boiler. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until mixture steams. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Stir in sweetened-condensed milk.
- Puree peaches in blender until smooth and add to milk mixture.
- Stir thoroughly and add to ice cream freezer. Pour additional milk to fill line of 1 gallon freezer.
- Churn ice cream in your freezer and enjoy!
I just found out…August is National Peach Month! What a co-inki-dink. Thanks, Patricial Neely-Dorsey, for sharing that this morning.
What’s your favorite home-made ice cream flavor? Have you tried peach?
Have you entered the give-away I announced yesterday? If not, visit my Fun Birthday Give-Away post and enter today! 🙂
Happy weekend blessings~
I’m sharing this recipe at Metamorphosis Monday.