A few years ago, I made a recipe from this Everyday Food magazine by Martha Stewart. Actually, I’ve made many of the recipes in these monthly publications.
I stopped the subscription after a year because I was overwhelmed by all the great recipes. I couldn’t keep up!
The Roast Chicken with Cauliflower and White Beans (except I love it without the chicken) is so delicious.
The Parmesan and Panko topping adds the tastiest flavor and crunch to the vegetables.
While looking through Ginny McCormack’s Seasons of the South cookbook, I noticed a similar recipe for fall season roasted vegetables.
Yay, it’s fall! Why not make my tweaked Martha Stewart recipe with my own gathering of vegetables? Read on for the process and results.
Chop carrots, red onion, red potatoes, and sweet potatoes into 1″ chunks. Coat with olive oil and a sprinkling of Paula Deen’s (home-made) House Seasoning. Spread on a rimmed sheet pan . Notice the puff of foil in the corner?
Inside, there’s a clove of garlic with the top cut off and sprinkled with olive oil.
Roast in 425º oven until the vegetables caramelize, about 40 minutes.
Transfer vegetables to a large baking dish.
Here’s how the roasted garlic looks when you open the foil.
Press garlic to remove individual cloves and mash with a fork.
Stir gently into vegetables and top with the Parmesan and Panko mixture. Roast until topping is slightly brown.
This is HH’s pan of roasted vegetables.
I made one for me that included broccoli. Roast the broccoli separately, prepared with seasoning and olive oil, at 350° for about 15 minutes.
I cooked the pan of broccoli first while chopping the other veggies, placed it in the baking dish, and used the same pan for the veggies..
It’s very good either way – with or without broccoli!
Here’s my recipe version to print.
- 4 red potatoes
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 3 large carrots
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic bulb
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil plus extra for garlic bulb
- 1 teaspoon of Paula Deen's House Seasoning, which is ¼ cup salt plus 1 Tablespoon each of black pepper and garlic powder
- Topping Ingredients:
- ½ cup Panko
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese or Asiago
- ½ teaspoon dried Rosemary
- Wash and chop vegetables into 1" chunks. Rough chop onion. Toss with 2 Tablespoons olive oil and 1-1/2 teaspoons Paula Deen's House Seasoning.
- Spread vegetables onto large rimmed roasting pan prepared with vegetable spray.
- Slice top of garlic bulb to expose individual cloves, sprinkle with olive oil, and wrap inside aluminum foil. Place in corner of roasting pan.
- Roast seasoned vegetables in 425-degree oven for 30-40 minutes until caramelized, tossing once or twice for even cooking.
- Meanwhile, stir topping ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Remove vegetables from oven and transfer to vegetable spray prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with topping and return to oven. Bake until topping is slightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- If you'd like to add broccoli to the vegetables, prepare them with olive oil and seasoning and roast separately at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. Add to roasted vegetables and finish with topping and roasting in baking dish.
What are your favorite fall vegetables? Do you like them roasted?
Blessings for a wonderful weekend, y’all!
I’m sharing this post at Metamorphosis Monday.