During this week of Thanksgiving, show the one you love some appreciation. Orange French Toast can do that.
They’ll get the message – because not just anyone would go to the trouble.
Not that French toast is that difficult…just mix together the egg bath,
sprinkle some bread with cinnamon,
dunk it in the egg mixture, cook the toast in a buttered pan on medium heat, and you’re all set.
Do you always go the extra mile – like making something different and special to go with standard eggs, bacon, and fruit?
I didn’t think so. I don’t, either.
Shhhh. I don’t exactly do this on a regular basis, and HH’s mother doesn’t need to hear that. Will you help me keep my secret?
- 5 eggs. beaten
- ½ teaspoon orange extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 6 bread slices
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- Syrup of choice
- In a shallow dish, mix together eggs, extracts, and milk.
- On a plate or piece of wax paper, sprinkle both sides of bread slices with cinnamon.
- Dip bread, one slice at a time, into egg bath, flip over to coat other side, and place in fry pan or griddle with one tablespoon melted butter. Cook bread in batches, adding butter as needed. Cooking two slices at a time, with 1 tablespoon butter works well.
Who are you thinking of treating to a special breakfast? Will you surprise them at Thanksgiving – to let them know you are thankful for them?
They’ll be thankful for you, too, I’ll bet. 🙂
I’m sharing this post at Metamorphosis Monday. Click the link to attend the party and be inspired!