At every family gathering, it’s the favorite.
Its presence on the desert counter is requested more than any other.
It’s PAM’s (Painter Artist Mom) Lemon Ice Box Pie.
Yet, it’s tart.
I wish you could taste it right now!
Beware. It’s possible and highly probable to become a family favorite at your house, too. 🙂
- 1 graham cracker crust, home-made or ready-made from the grocer
- Pie Filling:
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice, less one tablespoon
- 1 can sweetened-condensed milk
- 3 egg whites, at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- Prepare one graham cracker crust if using home-made.
- In medium bowl, stir egg yolks until smooth. Add lemon juice and whisk briefly to blend. Mix sweetened-condensed milk with eggs and lemon juice until blended thoroughly. Pour into prepared crust.
- Place egg whites, vanilla, and cream of tartar into a metal or glass bowl. Mix on high until soft peeks form (tips curl). Continue whipping and add sugar, one tablespoon at a time until stiff peeks form. Smooth meringue over lemon filling and bake in 350-degree oven for 10-12 minutes until brown.
- Cool on wire rack, then cover and chill in refrigerator.
Pam’s Lemon Ice Box Pie will be present for every family gathering – once you make it for them. All it takes is one time, and they’ll be hooked. (Publication permission granted by PAM – thank you, PAM!)
Does your family like lemon desserts? Do they like pie?
I’m sharing this post with the following link parties. Click the title to join the party.
Thank you for visiting! ~ Just a note to remind you to follow me through RSS feed, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, or Hometalk. Also, I’d love it if you shared Curtain Queen Creates with all your sweet friends. Thanks, y’all.
You may also like: