Do you have friends that like to tell you what’s in a recipe – rather than writing it down? Are they precise with measurements?
After coming home Saturday night from a trip with a group of six women (and one man, poor fellow!), I was not in the mode of a big “to-do” for the Super-bowl game. HH is wonderful to be so not picky about having a big production over ball games. I am blessed!
After an extended morning church session (for game night off from services – hey, this is the South!), we stopped by the grocery for a couple of items. I picked up a bag of Frito’s Scoops and a pack of ground sausage to make the recipe spoken to me while on our trip. (I needed to hurry before all that my friend told me left my often-on-vacation brain.)
Amounts? No idea! Ingredients? Not sure, but I thought I could at least come close! Ready to dive into this endeavor with me?
After browning the ground sausage, I drained off the fat and added the other ingredients right into the pan…canned corn, cream cheese, sour cream, jalapeno peppers, sharp cheddar cheese. You know, a little of this, a guess at that, and this was the result.
HH smelled the aroma and left the ball game. He was circling like a shark in the kitchen. I served his dip bowl and chips and sent him on his way. No way would I ask him to pause for a picture!
I served another bowl for a picture of this “Bingo!-I-actually-did-something-right” Jalapeno Corn Dip.
I have no idea if Jalapeno Corn Dip is the name of the recipe my friend explained to me. I have no idea if I came close to hers. But…this one has the ingredients and quantities I came up with, so it should have the name I give it, right?
Rather than give you a spoken recipe, I wanted to give you one written down. Here’s the recipe for you to print, save, or share with your friends.
- 1 pound mild or hot ground sausage - your choice. (My choice is mild.)
- 1 8-ounce block cream cheese
- ½ cup sour cream + extra for garnish
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese + extra for garnish
- 1 can whole kernel yellow corn, drained
- ⅓ - ½ cup diced pickled jalapeno peppers
- diced green onion, optional
- 1 10-ounce bag Frito's Scoops or Tortilla Chips
- Saute ground sausage until browned.
- Strain away fat and add cream cheese and sour cream. Mash cream cheese to melt as you stir with sausage and sour cream.
- After cream cheese melts, add next three ingredients and stir until mixed.
- Serve warm, garnished with diced green onion, shredded cheddar, and/or sour cream. Frito's Scoops or corn tortillas can be used for dipping.
By the way, HH has told me several times how much he likes this dip. Bless his heart. He doesn’t get much ball game food now that Fun Son isn’t around.
These days, HH better like what I make…because he doesn’t have much help eating the leftovers! 🙂
I’m sharing this with the following parties. Click the link to join the fun!
Thank you for visiting! ~ I’d like to invite you to follow me through RSS feed, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, or Hometalk. Also, I’d love it if you shared Curtain Queen Creates with all your sweet friends.