As promised in my Facebook Live video last Monday night, I was back again on Saturday to share a little about mixing different fabric prints together when decorating a room.
Somehow, I forgot about introducing myself. Stranger still, a high-school friend and former neighbor commented on the video. He didn’t understand what I was doing, I suppose, but somehow the video popped up in his feed.
That’s odd because Facebook should only show my posts and videos to people who “Liked” my Curtain Queen Creates page, not my personal friends!
I decided to answer his comment rather than deleting it and thereby insulting him. Facebook sure confuses me sometimes!
Five Tips for Choosing Fabrics That Mix Well Together
- Select a large print containing several colors that you like.
- Pick two to three colors to use in your room from the large print.
- Choose prints that are in keeping with your style – traditional, contemporary, modern, pr farmhouse, for example.
- Choose prints with different scale – large, medium and small.
- Choose prints with varying textures.
Here’s the mixture of prints with the added pop of gold I talked about in the video.
Would you add the gold for a bit of excitement, or would you play it safe and stay with the green and blue tones?
What other topics would you like me to discuss in future videos?
I’m sharing at Metamorphosis Monday! 🙂