Last week, a friend told me her family enjoys the recipe I gave her several years ago for spice muffins made from a cake mix.
They’re so easy!
I got the recipe originally from D, my friend from the old neighborhood in Georgia. There are different variations you can make, but let’s start with the basic recipe.
Canned pumpkin takes the place of eggs, and the results are perfectly moist muffins.
It takes only a couple of minutes to stir together the five ingredients. Load the batter into greased muffin tins…and then bake for twenty minutes.
Butterscotch chips are very good in these muffins.
You can also use white baking chips if you’d like to try those.
I’ve made the chocolate cake mix and white baking chips combination several times.
It’s very good, and I’ll bet the carrot cake mix would be delicious with the white baking chips. I can’t say why I’ve never tried the carrot cake version because it sounds very good, too.
- 1 box of spice cake mix
- l-lb. can of pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- ½ cup butterscotch baking chips
- ½ Tablespoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup water
- In large mixing bowl, stir all ingredients until mixed well.
- Transfer to 15 greased muffin cups (or cups lined with muffin papers).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Options: Can use chocolate cake mix with white baking chips or carrot cake mix with white baking chips. Yum!
These muffins are great for breakfast, snacks, or dessert!
Do you like to make easy recipes that are ready in a jiffy? How about when they’re especially delicious?