How many of us love the convenience of Ranch dressing mix in a pouch? We use it for many other recipes besides simply making dressing.
I’ve used this mix for making Our Favorite Black Bean Dip – and other recipes, too.
The dry mix recipe makes 5 teaspoons, but one batch of ranch dressing only requires 3-1/8 teaspoons of the mix. So, I make a jar of double or triple the recipe and keep it in the pantry to quickly make fresh Ranch dressing.
You’ll want to stir or shake before measuring what you need for recipes because, as you see above, the smaller ingredients settle toward the bottom.
Here’s your printable recipe. 🙂
- DRY MIX:
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- USING MIX TO MAKE DRESSING:
- 3-1/8 teaspoons ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise (or ½ cup each of nonfat plain yogurt and lite mayonnaise)
- 1 cup buttermilk (regular or low-fat)
- OPTIONAL ADDITIONS TO MIXED DRESSING:
- Herb Dressing - add ½ teaspoon tarragon + 1 Tablespoon chopped chives
- Bleu Cheese Dressing - add ¼ cup Bleu cheese crumbled
- Dill Dressing: add 1 Tablespoon dill weed and dash of Worcestershire sauce.
- Combine dry mix ingredients and store in air tight container.
- TO MAKE BASIC RANCH DRESSING:
- Blend dry mix with mayonnaise and buttermilk, A canning jar with lid works well - just shake, shake, shake.
- For desired optional flavored dressings, add ingredients listed above to basic ranch dressing.
- STORE IN REFRIGERATOR AND USE WITHIN A WEEK OR TWO.- not beyond the expiration date of yogurt if using yogurt version.
- -1/8 teaspoons = 1 pouch of packaged ranch dressing mix.
- Dry mix recipe makes 5 teaspoons. I like to make a larger batch -double or triple - at one time and store in my spice drawer for quick and easy access when needed.
There are so many recipes that call for the packaged dressing mix you buy in the store. This mix recipe is easy to measure out and add to any of those recipes.