Do you make peppermint bark at Christmas? I do. Fun Son requires it. 😉 His Christmas isn’t complete without this stuff.
But…year after year of eating the same candy is a little boring. Don’t you think?
I decided a little salty addition couldn’t hurt.
The sprinkles are in honor of Spunky Daughter, who now even in her twenties, loves ANYTHING with sprinkles. Don’t we all have a little kid in us?
To begin, melt an entire package of white almond bark in a large bowl in the microwave – one and a half minutes on high, stir, then another 30 seconds on high. Final stir. Add a package of candy canes, crushed with a food processor or by pounding a rolling pin over the candy inside a gallon zip-top bag.
I like my crushed candy to be more powdery, with tiny chunks rather than large.
Stir to blend, then add a package of pretzels. I used a 14-oz. package of Christmas shaped pretzels just for fun. Fold quickly into bark mixture.
Spread out onto a large wax paper covered surface. Separate and spread out as best you can. It doesn’t completely separate, but that’s OK. You’ll break it apart when it’s set.
Now for the fun part. Sprinkle with holiday colored sprinkles. My sprinkles have white snowflakes included, but you can’t see them on the white bark. Oh well!
- 1 24-ounce package of white almond bark
- 1 6-ounce package of candy canes, crushed in food processor
- 1 14-ounce package of holiday-shaped pretzels (or regular shaped)
- Colored sprinkles of choice
- Place bark in large glass bowl and microwave on high for 1.5 minutes. Stir and return to microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir until melted completely.
- Add crushed candy canes and stir quickly.
- Add pretzels and fold bark mixture into pretzels.
- Pour out onto a wax paper covered surface. Spread pretzels as best you can and sprinkle with sprinkles to your liking.
- Set until hardened. Store in air-tight container.
You probably figured out that this is the snack inside the Santa tin in yesterday’s post. You are so smart!
Speaking of yesterday’s post, I really enjoyed the sharing that Robin started. Did you? I’d love to learn more about everyone, so chime in!
Let’s pretend we’re sitting around my kitchen table with coffee or tea…and peppermint pretzels, of course. Doesn’t that sound fun? 🙂
I’m sharing at Metamorphosis Monday.