Are y’all with me in the need to eat a little healthier?
Does that mean we have to eliminate chocolate to eat “healthier”? Nooooo….not on my watch.
There is no reason to stop eating chocolate (syrup, at least) when you have this recipe in your “diet” arsenal. I hesitate to use the word “diet”, y’all. The minute my mind thinks it’s a diet, I totally lose my focus on the purpose of eating healthy.
My kids grew up eating this syrup with all types of fruit, so it is completely kid-friendly. You’ll find this recipe is very quick and easy…and delicious.
We start with cocoa powder and arrowroot powder.
Whisk the powders together with pure maple syrup and water. Turn the heat to medium or medium-high.
Bring to a boil.
Boil for one minute, then stir in pure vanilla. (Check out how easy – and cheaper – it is to make Home Made Vanilla Extract.)
Pour it up and serve with strawberries…
or anything else that satisfies your craving. Eating healthy shouldn’t be painful, right?
Eat your fruit now! Did you grow up hearing that?
Here’s your recipe to share or print.
- ⅓ cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder
- ⅓ cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ⅔ cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Mix cocoa and arrowroot powder in a medium saucepan. Add maple syrup and water and whisk to blend.
- Heat over medium or medium-high heat to boiling, stirring continuously.
- Boil for one minute and remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract until smooth.
- Serve with fruit, cake, and/or ice-cream.
I know you’ll enjoy this healthy treat.
Are you thinking of eating healthier? Or, maybe you’re already eating healthy? Which category do you fall into?
I’m linking this post with the following fun parties. Click the title to join us!
Thank you for visiting! ~ I’d like to invite you to follow me through RSS feed, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, or Hometalk. Also, I’d love it if you shared Curtain Queen Creates with all your sweet friends.
You might also like: