We had company last week, so I whipped up a batch of something sweet…and gooey…and addictive – like I would imagine a drug like Crack might be.
My cousin brought these to a family reunion at our house many years ago. Naturally, with a name like Crack Bars, I had to have the recipe. It’s fitting, by the way – that name.
The crust is simple to blend and pat out into a 9″ x 13″ x 2″ pan.
The batter is smooth and creamy.
Pour the batter on top of the crust. It’s all baked at once.
The recipe says to cut into 24 squares. But these are so rich, one bite is all you need!
Cut each large bar into four. You’ll quadruple your servings! 🙂
Here’s your recipe to print and share.
- Crust: 1 yellow cake mix (not a butter recipe mix)
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 egg
- Batter: 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1-lb. box powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 oz. semi-sweet or milk-chocolate chips
- Mix crust ingredients thoroughly and pat into a prepared 9" x 13" x 2" baking pan.
- Blend batter ingredients except chocolate chips. Stir chips into batter as a final step before pouring it into the pan.
- Bake 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until brown. Remove to cooling rack.
- Cut into 24 bars
How many bites do you think you can eat in the span of one day? If you have four bites, that’s only one bar, so dig in! 🙂