Very soon, we’ll be bursting at the seams (so to speak) with garden vegetables. I can hardly wait! How about you?
Pasta Primavera is one of my favorite summertime meals, due to its versatility.
You can throw into the roasting pan all the veggies you need to “get rid of” and make your Pasta Primavera delicious!
What do I mean by “get rid of”? You picked a load of vegetables from the garden or the grocery store produce section, and you’d better do something before it all goes bad.
Whatever you have on hand veggie-wise, chop into 1/2″ strips about 1-1/2″ to 2″ long and follow the directions in the recipe for roasting them.
You can make it with only vegetables, or you can add cooked chicken chunks. (You know, meat for HH, because he thinks meat is a must at every meal – along with bread.) Just throw in (fold in gently, rather) whatever meat chunks you want with the veggies into the pasta.
Top with freshly chopped tomatoes and shaved or grated Parmesan cheese. Also, give it another sprinkle of salt and pepper.
And, don’t forget the bread if you have a “bread guy” around.
Here’s the recipe for you. 🙂
- 2 carrots
- 2 squash
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 onion
- 1 bell pepper, any color, or a combination
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound Penne pasta
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Wash all vegetables and cut into ½” strips 1-1/2” to 2” long.
- Place cut vegetables in rimmed baking pan and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir to coat vegetables thoroughly.
- Roast in 450-degree oven for 20 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- While vegetables are roasting, boil water and cook pasta until done to your liking.
- Add cooked vegetables (and any chopped meat of choice) to cooked pasta. Top with Parmesan and tomatoes. Season with additional salt and pepper if desired and sprinkle with Italian parsley.
Does this make you salivate? It makes me want to go weed the garden, or something. (Haha! Just kidding!)
I hope you enjoy it, y’all! 🙂
I’m joining several of these parties this week:
SEASONAL SUNDAYS at The Tablescaper
LET’S GET SOCIAL SUNDAY at Memories by the Mile
METAMORPHOSIS MONDAY at Between Naps On The Porch
MAKE IT PRETTY MONDAY at The Dedicated House
MAKE THE SCENE MONDAY at Alderberry Hill
ON THE MENU MONDAY at Stone Gable
CREATIVELY TUESDAY at The Rustic Pig
INSPIRE ME TUESDAY at A Stroll Thru Life
PROJECT INSPIRED LINKY PARTY at Setting for Four
TUESDAY TRIVIA at Memories By The Mile
TIME TO SPARKLE TUESDAY at The Gunny Sack
WOW US WEDNESDAY at Savvy Southern Style
WE DID IT! WEDNESDAY at Sew Much Ado
TABLESCAPE THURSDAY at Between Naps On The Porch
TUTORIALS, TIPS & TIDBITS THURSDAY at Stone Gable
EFFORTS AND ASSETS LINKY PARTY at Hickory Trail
ANYTHING BLUE FRIDAY at The Dedicated House
FIDLIN’ FRIDAYS LINK PARTY at Fidlers Under One Roof
WHAT TO DO WEEKENDS at Crafts ala mode
TGIF LINK PARTY at A Peek Into My Paradise
WEEKEND POTLUCK at 4 Little Fergusons