Is your garden over-run with squash? I have no garden, but I’m willing to help anyone who needs to get rid of some. Ha!
This is my favorite way to cook and eat squash this summer. After discussing it with a friend recently, I discovered that she cooks her squash this same exact way. And loves it, just like I do. I think you’ll like it, too.
I didn’t know Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning is popular in many other states, but I guess it is. It really is great on pretty much everything!
Melt a half stick of butter in a glass baking dish – microwave or oven.
Wash and slice three small to medium summer squash. Add to baking dish.
Add a large sliced onion.
Sprinkle with whatever amount of Tony Chachere’s Seasoning you prefer, plus a dash of salt and pepper, and stir to get a good butter coating on everything.
Bake at 350 degrees for an hour – or microwave on high for ten minutes, stirring mid-way. (Wow. There’s a time-saver!)
It’s fresh – and just right with any entrée. Mmm….
Here’s the recipe if you need one.
- 3 medium to small summer squash
- ½ stick (1/4 cup) butter
- 1 large yellow onion
- Seasonings to taste: Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning, Salt, and Pepper
- Melt butter in 8-cup or 2-liter glass baking dish in oven or microwave.
- Wash and slice squash in ¼-inch rounds. Place in dish with melted butter. Slide onion and add to squash. Stir.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning to your liking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for an hour or for ten minutes on high in microwave, stirring it midway through.
I hope you have a fantastic weekend ahead. Stay in and keep cool. This heat’s a killer!