What’s happening at your house over the weekend? Are you making anything new? Trying any new recipes? I’ve got one you will definitely want to make.
My friend Debbie shared this recipe with me a few years back. Every time I eat it, I’m amazed. It is just so good!
You might remember Debbie. She’s the friend that gave me the recipe for THE CAKE – the crowd pleaser butterscotch cake.
This salad is another crowd pleaser.
The recipe calls for Romaine lettuce (of course), chopped green onions, broken raw Ramen noodles (any flavor – you don’t use the flavor packet), dried cranberries, cooked and chopped bacon, and salted sunflower seeds.
That all sounds wonderful, doesn’t it? But, it’s the dressing that sends you over the edge into an abyss of deliciousness.
This time when I made the dressing, I used raspberry vinegar. It was in my refrigerator from making the Springy Strawberry Salad, which has become one of my favorites, too.
Oh. My. Gosh!
Can you stand it? Just looking at that picture makes me ready to run make more of this salad.
Thank you, Debbie, for sharing this recipe with me – and now us!
- 1 big bag of Romaine lettuce (or 3 Hearts of Romaine, and chop)
- 6 slices of cooked, chopped bacon
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 package raw Ramen noodles, broken up
- 1 handful of salted sunflower seeds (or toasted, chopped walnuts)
- dried cranberries to taste (optional)
- ½ cup canola oil
- 4 Tablespoons vinegar (raspberry vinegar is delicious!)
- 4 Tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Chop Romaine lettuce into 1-1/2" pieces. Combine with next 5 ingredients.
- Mix together dressing ingredients and shake well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Pour dressing over salad right before serving.
- Enjoy! .....................http://CurtainQueenCreates.com
Can you tell I’m in a salad craze this year? Are you that way too? If so, you’ll love this one and add it to your list of regulars. 🙂
I’m sharing this recipe at Metamorphosis Monday.