My friend, Debbie, shared this cake recipe with me several years ago. It is easy to make and loved by everyone.
Debbie gave me permission to share her recipe. You’ve got to try it. You’re gonna love it – your guests will, too.
I took this cake on a high-school girl’s trip two or three years ago.
We fought over the last piece. Well, not really fought exactly. It was more like bargaining.
Can you believe that – bargaining over a piece of cake?
Since that time, I take this cake every year when we meet. It’s known as THE CAKE. No other description is necessary. We all know what cake we’re talking about.
Wouldn’t you love for people to fight over a cake you bake?
- 1 box yellow cake mix (not butter recipe)
- 1 - 3 oz. box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- 1 - 12 oz. package butterscotch chips
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Mix the first six ingredients with electric mixer in large bowl - just until combined. Stir in butterscotch chips and chopped nuts.
- Pour into bundt pan prepared with generous amount of vegetable oil spray.
- Bake in oven preheated to 325 degrees for one hour.
- Remove from oven when toothpick comes out clean. Rest on counter for ten minutes. Run knife around the edges, then invert pan over plate to remove.
Thank the Lord for delicious cake, y’all!