I suppose most people make a fruit ball for Christmas gatherings and things like that. But, I’ve made one to take on this year’s girls trip. By the time you read this post, I’ll probably be on my way.
This will be my final post for the week. I’ve never really taken a trip without continuing blog posts, but I now realize you can live without me until Monday. 😉
I’ve had this fruit ball recipe for many years, and I’ve made it often. You may have seen it before since there are several recipes that are similar.
It’s very simple. You just blend everything together well, divide in half, and form each section into a ball. Let the ingredients rest in the refrigerator overnight (covered in plastic wrap).
Uncover the cheese ball and cover it with toasted, chopped pecan pieces.
You cannot get any easier than that. Can you?
What do you do with the other half? Hmm….
Part of the reason for publishing this post quickly before leaving this morning is because I’m printing this recipe to share with the others.
- 2 - 8-ounce packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 - 16-ounce can crushed pineapple, drained well
- 6 ounces of chopped dates
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- Beat cream cheese with powdered sugar to blend. Add lemon juice and vanilla. Beat with mixer. Mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Divide in half and shape each into a ball. Wrap halves in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Roll ball in toasted, chopped pecans before serving.
- Serve with crackers.
I hope you have a great weekend! I’ll miss you all! 🙂
I’m sharing this recipe at Metamorphosis Monday.