Last weekend, I needed a cracker dip to take to a gathering. I didn’t quite have all the ingredients needed for the spread recipe I normally use, so I improvised. As it turned out, it actually tasted better than my old recipe.
That’s hard to believe, I know. It doesn’t always work out that way. For me, anyway.
Here’s my recipe so you can print it. I hope you enjoy it. 🙂
- 2 8-oz. packages cream cheese
- 1 small can crushed pineapple in heavy syrup
- ⅔ - ¾ cup shredded coconut - to your liking
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 Tablespoons seedless raspberry preserves
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 package Knox unflavored gelatin dissolved in ⅓ cup boiling water
- Combine all and refrigerate at least 30 minutes. When ready to serve, shape into a rounded "loaf" on a serving platter, add crackers, and dive in.
- Optional: Coat outside of "loaf" with chopped pecans for a pretty presentation.
Do the eyes on my serving plate look scary to you? I arranged the crackers so they would be
See, it’s not so scary! Isn’t it cute? This special plate was a gift from a dear friend. It reminds me of Fall, for some reason.
It’s been feeling like Fall already. We’ve had cooler weather (80’s rather than 90’s) for a couple of weeks, and I know it’s just a teaser. 90+ temps are returning, and it makes me sad a little. I love Fall. I’m so wanting it to be here already.
Oops! There I go again, wishing my life away. Do you do that, too?
All things come due in time. For today, let’sl enjoy this refreshingly cool and summer-y cracker spread – before it’s time to bake apple and pumpkin pies.
Thank you for visiting! ~ Just a note to remind you to follow me through email, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, or Hometalk. Also, I’d love it if you shared Curtain Queen Creates with all your sweet friends. Thanks, y’all.