These butterscotch bars are quick to whip up when you need something sweet on the spur of the moment. (Or few moments.)
Do you generally keep a yellow cake mix in your pantry? Butterscotch chips? Pecans? You’re there!
It’s so simple. Mix seven ingredients together and press into a baking dish.
Bake 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool and cut into bars.
HH’s mother used to request these for breakfast when they visited. Talk about easy! 🙂
Let me qualify, though…that was before our kids were old enough to think they could have dessert for a meal. Shh…they don’t ever have to know.
- 1 yellow cake mix (butter cake mix is fine)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil (I use canola)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- 6 oz. butterscotch chips
- Mix all ingredients except pecans and butterscotch chips until blended well.
- Stir in pecans and chips, folding into batter. (Batter will be stiff.)
- Press dough into 9" x 13" x 2" baking pan prepared with vegetable oil.
- Bake 25 minutes in 350-degree oven, 325-degrees for glass dish.
- Be careful not to over bake.
Stay tuned for a big reveal next week. Yes, I finally finished the family room draperies! I also realized I haven’t shown you my new chair, which might be the culprit behind the curtain sewing delay (wink).
I’m away for a couple of days this weekend with Mom 2. You know we’ll be into some antiquing and junkin’. (If you hear two women giggling, that’s us!) You can’t get better than a little “shopping with friends” therapy, especially when one is a hoot!
What’s cooking at your house? Do you have special plans this weekend?
I’m sharing at Metamorphosis Monday.