Do you ever get on a lemon “kick”?
Do you sometimes get a craving – for something tart…and sweet…and lemony? (We Southerners say that we “flung a cravin’ for something”.)
These cookies will fix your craving real quick.
All you need is a lemon cake mix, some lemon juice, vegetable oil, and eggs. Oh, and don’t forget the powdered sugar!
After baking, you won’t resist their sweet and tart addiction.
Mom 2 gave me this recipe and said I had to try them. Thanks, Mom 2! Delicious…
Here’s the recipe to print and share. Your friends and family will be thrilled to taste these!
- 1 (18.2 oz.) box lemon cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract or 2 tablespoons of real lemon juice
- ½ cup confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Pour cake mix into mixing bowl. Stir in eggs, oil and lemon juice. When well blended, drop by teaspoon into confectioner's sugar and roll to coat. Place on cookie sheet and pat lightly.
- Bake for 6-9 minutes, depending on size of cookie. I use the smallest size of ice-cream scoop and get 36 cookies - baked for 9 minutes, each batch.
These lemon cookies are perfect for Christmas gift-giving. 🙂
I’m sharing this post with the following parties. Click the link to see all the inspiration!